Friday, February 29, 2008

Thing #3 -- RSS Feeds

OhMyGosh!! How did I live without RSS Feeds before? With RSS Feeds, the Internet is managable. I'd gotten to the point that I didn't surf much because it took so much time. Now, the highlights from my favorite sites are delivered. No searching them out--they are just THERE! I use gmail, so adding the reader was a piece of cake.

The tutorial video was very good. I posted a link to it on my school web page under the "How-To" link. I plan to email the teachers to let them know that it's there, so that they might start using RSS as well. It would be so helpful to deliver content to teachers in their subject areas.

I've been slow to do my 23 things because work has been so busy. Finding this little gem among the things makes me realize that I REALLY need to make the time to complete them.

1 comment:

Linda said...

The joy of discovering RSS feeds has been mentioned by very many of the 23 things participants. I like your use of RSS "making the Internet manageable" - a great description for them. And sharing what you learn is what it's all about!